The LineBenders are pleased to announce that a stork dropped off some new members on our front door this fall. We are excited to welcome the new members and welcome back some old ones.
- Matt Miller joins LineBenders as our newest “Joe Everybody” cast member. Matt’s pop culture knowledge and physicality add the perfect fit in LineBenders and allow him to come off as the “kid next door” Welcome Matt!
- Scott Ecker joins LineBenders fresh from Donkey Hotey’s Improvcicles, the Improv club at Fargo South High in Fargo, ND. Scott has a razor wit and has already pushed for the LineBenders to continue their work in long-form improvisation. It is not often that you encounter a performer with as much passion for improvisation as Scott. Welcome aboard Scott!
- Shelly Pherson was a student of LineBenders Artist Director J.J. Gordon’s during his time working for Entertainment Unlimited’s Summer Theater Camp in Rutland, ND. Now a college student in Fargo, Shelly was an obvious choice to join the Ladies of LineBenders. “She has one of those personalities that you simply can’t ignore,” says Gordon. With a love of everything country, Shelly will add that special spice to help The LineBenders continue to appeal to every audience. Welcome Shelly!
- Shaun Myhre has been a friend with almost every member of LineBenders since it began in 2001. A talented artist and animator, The LineBenders are lucky to have Shaun share his immensely funny personality and talent with them. An instant favorite during rehearsals, Shaun fit in with The LineBenders right away. Welcome Shaun!
The LineBenders would also like to welcome back previous members Jake Hartje and Bill Lucas. Both Bill and Jake had taken a hiatus from LineBenders to explore other projects, but are back for more.
- Bill Lucas, the former owner of LineBenders, might better be known by his day job Mr. Lucas – educator with Fargo Public Schools or his alter ego, Ole from the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks. Previous clients will remember his energy and top-notch emcee skills. Welcome back Bill!
- Jake Hartje rejoins LineBenders after a 4-year break, and without missing a beat, has already taken audiences by storm. “He is EXTREMELY creative. You know that when Jake is on stage anything, and I mean ANYTHING, can happen. It usually does,” says LineBenders Artistic Director J.J. Gordon. Jake’s unique characters are the perfect example of how an Improv comedian tries to make everyone else look good. Jake’s characters always make the rest of us look good. Welcome back Jake!